Share the good news: Christmas Village in Philadelphia, the authentic open-air German-style Christmas Market at LOVE Park and City Hall, will return from Thanksgiving Day, November 26 through Christmas Eve, December 24, 2020 with a Preview Weekend on Saturday, November 21 and Sunday, November 22.
- Wear a face covering over nose and mouth. No mask – no service!
- Keep at least 6’ distance in all direction to fellow shoppers and vendors.
- Avoid crowds over 10 people - if a vendor is busy circle back later.
- Sanitize your hands frequently. Sanitizing stations are available throughout the park.
- Stay home if your are sick or if you’ve been in contact with a sick person.
Make sure to follow one-ways, waiting line signage and other directional signage.
Our Social Distancing Ambassadors along with an extensive guidance system will help you to stay safe while visiting Christmas Village in Philadelphia!
Please note: we STONGLY encourage weekday visits for this season! Avoid the weekend crowds and shop, eat and be merry in a relaxed chrisstmassy atmosphere. Check out our weekday parking deal!
We worked hand in hand with the City of Philadelphia, the Department of Parks and Recreation and the Health Department to create a safe environment for all visitors, vendors and our staff in accordance with all city and statewide guidelines. This is what we're doing on our end to keep everybody as safe as possible:
- We will reduce the amount of vendors by 50% - that will allow us to place all booths with a 10' distance apart from each other. Naturally, this will also create much needed walkable space for the public
- We will separate food vendors from gift vendors for this season
- All food and drinks will be enjoyed in a fenced off and crowd controlled outdoor food court with plenty of space to practice social distancing while strolling the vendors. Check out our Beer Garden page for more info
- Our Gift Vendors will set up shop around the outer perimeter of Love Park and will face the street, creating a one way street to visit these vendors
- All food vendors as well as the Käthe Wohlfahrt and the Beer Garden entrance will be equipped with socially distant waiting lines
- Our fenced off, crowd controlled Beer Garden area will have plenty of room to practice proper social distancing while strolling the area. Nine food and beverage vendors will feature European Delicacies - heck our Beer Garden page to learn more about the layout and menu!
- The fenced off, crowd controlled Beer Garden will have a limited capacity which will be strictly enforced
- Please wear a mask and keep your distance to other shoppers while strolling the area and when ordering
- Be mindful to people in the waiting line - leave when you've finished eating
- Strictly NO food or beverage consumption outside of the Beer Garden area
- All food vending staff will wear masks AND a face shields
- Supervisors will make sure that each food staff member will wash their hands thoroughly at least every 20 minutes
- All food booths will feature additional plexi glass sneeze guards
- All staff will be health screened at the beginning of their shift
Please be aware that exposure to COVID-19 is an inherent risk in any public location where people are present; we cannot guarantee you will not be exposed during your visit. The CDC advises that older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions might be at higher risk for severe illness from Coronavirus. Guests should evaluate their own risk in determining whether to attend. People who show no symptoms can spread Coronavirus if they are infected, any interaction with the general public poses an elevated risk of being exposed to Coronavirus. By coming to the market, you acknowledge and agree that you assume these inherent risks associated with attendance.